In Blog sometimes our articles devoted to reviewing the most famous museums and you have to discover when you make your holidays or short breaks. This time we go to Barcelona to descubriros the Picasso Museum.
If you’ve ever been in this city or you did not know, one of the museums which receive more visits by tourists and indeed for the citizens of Barcelona is the Picasso Museum, located in the heart of the City and named after the famous painter Pablo Picasso.
Picasso Museum in Barcelona:
* Declared Interest Museum of Catalonia, the Picasso Museum is undoubtedly one of the busiest part of the tourists but has more than 3,500 works of painter Pablo Picasso, many of them belonging to his youth.
* The museum was opened in 1963 and through the efforts of Jaime Sabartes, a personal friend and secretary of the artist from Malaga since 1935. The initial idea was to create Sabartés a museum dedicated to Picasso in Málaga, but it was the painter who suggested jacerlo in Barcelona.
* The first works were exhibited belonged to the private collection of Sabartés. In addition the City of Barcelona donated some works that had owned such as Harlequin, Picasso painted table in 1917 and is also one of his most famous works.
* Picasso himself also gave many of his works as the series of 58 paintings on Las Meninas and the portrait he had made in 1901 to James Sabartés
* In 1970 the painter made a further donation of 920 other works of different styles and techniques. Donations continued and the museum grew in importance. In 1982 his widow was presented to the museum for more than forty pieces of pottery. The following year, the heirs made donations of 117 prints. The collection has been supplemented with various gifts, both individuals and various art galleries.
* It must be said that most of the paintings to be exhibited in the museum cover the period between 1890 and 1917.
* This comprehensive collection includes paintings as their stage specific times and school children – Malaga, La Coruna and Barcelona, ??â € <â € <between 1890 and 1897 – when he works as a Science and Charity, 1897 and the formative in Barcelona and Horta de Sant Joan and Madrid, between 1897 and 1901.
* There are also works of his known as blue period and works in Barcelona in 1917 period, as mentioned above, Harlequin. The museum has very few paintings after 1917, except the series Las Meninas, painted in 1957.
Address, opening times and prices of the Picasso Museum in Barcelona:
* The museum is on the streets of Barcelona Montcada also occupying five buildings.
* Hours are Tuesday to Sunday (including holidays): 10 to 20 h (with access to the rooms 30 minutes before closing).
* The price of admission to temporary exhibitions is only 2 euros, although combined with a visit to the entire museum is 11 euros.
Edinburgh is the capital of Scotland and one of the most beautiful in the world so now that Easter is about to go there you can take your holiday. We show you what the best places to enjoy in Edinburgh.
The Scottish capital, Edinburgh, is situated on the banks of the Firth of Forth and has a castle that is in fact its main attraction, but the fact is that in it we find many other places which are worth visiting.
Features of Edinburgh:
* We can say that one of the best times to visit a city like Edinburgh is just now in the spring when the capital of Scotland begins to enjoy the good weather, although it has winters that are cold and summers hot although all are pretty cool.
* On the other hand it is remarkable the high cultural and architectural presence in the city that was declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO, which has its origins as a city in the tenth century after a proclamation of King David I of Scotland, which led the Church of the Holy Rood of Edinburgh.
* As for what must be said that eating local food is similar to that of England but with priority given to meats such as beef or lamb. Just as venison, partridge and pheasant. Fish is also an essential food Scottish cuisine, where stands the salmon.
Places not to miss in Edinburgh:
* Edinburgh is perhaps one of the most cultural cities in Europe and in fact many architectural elements, castles, parks and museums to visit while highlighting especially the annual Edinburgh Festival which is held in the month of August and in which participate each year artists of all kinds of front row.
* The Edinburgh Castle is undoubtedly the place that you can not miss to visit this city and located on top of a volcanic plug known as Castle Rock, in the city center, is the main attraction for tourists. Begun in the year 1000 A.D. and is divided into different buildings that give meaning to the utilities for several years has been a royal residence, fortress or prison.
* Another place that you can not miss is the old part of town known as Old Town, where we visit the Royal Mile which is the “backbone” of this area you will find houses that belonged to Scottish nobles who come to the splintered to the Palace of Holyroodhouse. As the name suggests, measures a mile and that was the route that was the king from his palace to his castle.
* Calton Hill is the hill where you can visit the monument to Nelson, the Observatory and the National Monument, a pantheon that is not finished and was built in memory of those killed in the Napoleonic war.
* As we have noted museums Royal Museum, National Gallery and the Museum of Edinburgh where we know the whole art of this city and other countries with works by Raphael, Gauguin, Botticelli, Velázquez, among others.
* If we have already mentioned Old Town, Edinburgh also has the New Town area where we can enjoy plenty of hotels, restaurants and discos. For shopping, you should take Princes Street and Queen Street, home to exclusive shops.
* Edinburgh also has a cathedral, St. Giles Cathedral, built in the fifteenth century and is also the only medieval church in the city. Tampodo can lose you the Palace of Holyroodhouse, Baroque building was the residence of Scottish kings (including Maria Stuart) and still today is the royal residence.
* Princes Street Garden is also a place to discover in Edinburgh and is a swamp that was drained, which also separates Old Town New Town. In these gardens there is a monument to the novelist Sir Walter Scott, a native of Edinburgh.
One type of tourism that seems to have become fashionable in recent months and even for already a couple or three years is known as educational tourism will now explain and see what destinations are best suited.
Educational tourism is a type of tourism that is often aimed at schools so that students can learn and have fun while on tour either within its own territory or on vacation to do to another country, city, or town.
What is educational tourism?
* While everything related to tourism has always been associated with fun and sometimes culture, we can also now enjoy a kind of tourism in which the cultural precedence over leisure and tourism is called education.
* This type of tourism is the one that best serves the students to learn about the places they travel with their peers and their school. Thus in many schools choose to make educational tourism outlets in which besides having fun, students will be able to strengthen all kinds of materials whether natural sciences, if they travel to natural areas such as history, if they travel to a historic town or have a lot of museums that although there are materials in class, are closer to students if they are mixed with a solution or a short trip.
* We ourselves, without the need of students, we can also enjoy this type of tourism and travel contract in which routes are the predominant cultural and thus also to see new places, we know more about their culture, history, or its environment.
While in Spain are specific educational tourism sites, the fact is that many schools each year receive travel deals or outlets for students and allow them to visit places such as Andalusia, Catalonia or Madrid, where about six years ago even led to schools a route of natural environments for young knew the woods and parks on the outskirts of the capital.
Places to educational tourism:
* In Spain we can find routes that will allow us to better understand the life and work of Lorca through the places where they grew up and lived in Granada, but in addition we can also educational tourism in Barcelona where for example see the work of Gaudí.
* On the other hand and if we travel much lejo we must add that educational tourism has reached all corners of the world and for example we find in India, where these trips are specifically focused on having a part of the educational experiences available in the country and also to increase knowledge about the rich history and culture of India.
* England is another ideal destination for tourism education and many students choose, mainly because any trip you make will help us improve our English.
You and your family are going to have a summer vacation together. You and the whole family have planned the summer time since months ago. The summer vacation will be held in 2012. This means, your holidays 2012 should be started immediately and for sure you need to prepare so many things first before the holiday starts and the summer comes. For your suggestion, trying to find the best accommodation makes the best choice of all.
With the time you have right now, before the trip starts, you will have enough time to book and reserve so many things. In your first stop in your holidays to Orlando, the thing you have to do is to prepare the accommodation. It would be nice if you prepare the room from now on, whether it is the hotel room or some villas. The benefit is because you will be able to have a less expensive price and able to choose your own room.
After finding your accommodation for later, the next thing you may want to do is to prepare the itinerary. Cruise and Stay trip can be a perfect choice for you as tourist because there are so many things offered to you and what they really have is the world class entertainment. Now, are you ready to book your trip for later?