Barcelona Picasso Museum
In Blog sometimes our articles devoted to reviewing the most famous museums and you have to discover when you make your holidays or short breaks. This time we go to Barcelona to descubriros the Picasso Museum.
If you’ve ever been in this city or you did not know, one of the museums which receive more visits by tourists and indeed for the citizens of Barcelona is the Picasso Museum, located in the heart of the City and named after the famous painter Pablo Picasso.
Picasso Museum in Barcelona:
* Declared Interest Museum of Catalonia, the Picasso Museum is undoubtedly one of the busiest part of the tourists but has more than 3,500 works of painter Pablo Picasso, many of them belonging to his youth.
* The museum was opened in 1963 and through the efforts of Jaime Sabartes, a personal friend and secretary of the artist from Malaga since 1935. The initial idea was to create Sabartés a museum dedicated to Picasso in Málaga, but it was the painter who suggested jacerlo in Barcelona.
* The first works were exhibited belonged to the private collection of Sabartés. In addition the City of Barcelona donated some works that had owned such as Harlequin, Picasso painted table in 1917 and is also one of his most famous works.
* Picasso himself also gave many of his works as the series of 58 paintings on Las Meninas and the portrait he had made in 1901 to James Sabartés
* In 1970 the painter made a further donation of 920 other works of different styles and techniques. Donations continued and the museum grew in importance. In 1982 his widow was presented to the museum for more than forty pieces of pottery. The following year, the heirs made donations of 117 prints. The collection has been supplemented with various gifts, both individuals and various art galleries.
* It must be said that most of the paintings to be exhibited in the museum cover the period between 1890 and 1917.
* This comprehensive collection includes paintings as their stage specific times and school children – Malaga, La Coruna and Barcelona, ??â € <â € <between 1890 and 1897 – when he works as a Science and Charity, 1897 and the formative in Barcelona and Horta de Sant Joan and Madrid, between 1897 and 1901.
* There are also works of his known as blue period and works in Barcelona in 1917 period, as mentioned above, Harlequin. The museum has very few paintings after 1917, except the series Las Meninas, painted in 1957.
Address, opening times and prices of the Picasso Museum in Barcelona:
* The museum is on the streets of Barcelona Montcada also occupying five buildings.
* Hours are Tuesday to Sunday (including holidays): 10 to 20 h (with access to the rooms 30 minutes before closing).
* The price of admission to temporary exhibitions is only 2 euros, although combined with a visit to the entire museum is 11 euros.