Tourism in Scotland: The Highlands
In Blog we speak today of one of the most beautiful places around the world as it is particularly Scotland and the Highlands, the area known as the “Highlands” and is perhaps one of its biggest attractions.
The Highlands or Highlands is an area in northern Scotland that stands out for having a markedly mountainous relief, in addition to being perhaps the most rural in Scotland in which retain many of their ancient traditions.
Tourism in Scotland: Highland:
* The Highlands are without doubt one of the regions can not miss if you visit Scotland. While people have a little compared to the rest of the country, also have large landscapes in which I lost and fell in love.
* While the Lowlands area is given to crops such as barley, in the area of ??the Highlands with a much colder climate we have to say that the main activity is cattle breeding.
* Hills, mountains and valleys of incredible greenery are the picture of an area also find large lakes and even waterfalls. The weather as I say is pretty cool although it helps that most of the time it is raining so you’ll notice a lot of moisture.
* The population of this area is of Celtic influence and can say that living in a much more traditional than the rest of Scotland. Perhaps relations have never been outstanding between the parties and with the advent of the Industrial Revolution that drove over the inhabitants of the northern clan system which had become almost obsolete.
While the Highlands noted for its lakes and castles that we visited, and even have a ski resort, have to say that much of its tourism is concentrated during the summer with the conclusion of their games that are more traditional.
Games and traditions of the Highlands:
* It must be said that in the Highlands are performed a number of games themselves are already part of their tradition and be held makes them many tourists focus given day and enjoy all kinds of activities whose tradition is ancient.
* At the time of the clans of ancient Scotland was when they started holding these games among men which thus could demonstrate their strength and their abilities to step guerra.Además each head of the clan not only had a group of men who fought together as a team but musicians and dancers, since the greater the number of people the greater the prestige of the clan.
* The Highland games typically involve the following activities: hammer throw, trunk release, shot put, tug of war rope (all these are considered the “heavy testing”), athletics, track and field ( also called light tests) and dance and bagpipe competitions. And there is generally fair barracks and trading posts there and purchase your celebration possible to increase tourism.
* The Highland games are held throughout the length and breadth of Scotland between May and September and even come to see the British Royal family.